So I’ve finally gotten around to completing my Sunshine Blogger Award post! *Insert confetti emoji here*
I’ve managed to take such a long time to get my post up that I’ve been nominated by four other amazing bloggers! All of whom I will link down below, huge thank you to each one of you for nominating me I am super grateful!
(If anyone else has nominated me, please give me a friendly poke!)
So what the heck is a Sunshine Blogger Award!? In a nutshell…
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
Now since I have four sets of questions to answer, this will be quite a long post where you’ll hopefully learn a fair bit about me and why I started blogging! 🙂
- Do you think blogging is important for you? – Very much so! I couldn’t imagine not blogging now, it’s huge such a positive impact on my life so far!
- Favourite genre of blog? – I love a lot of different genres but my favourites are: Lifestyle, fashion, beauty and travel!
- How many books do you read annually? – Ooh on average…Maybe around 10? (If audiobooks count…)
- What is it that you’re are passionate about? – Ultimately, I love connecting with other like-minded, creative individuals and getting to be creative myself. Blogging is the perfect overlap of the two luckily!
- Do you think your passion suit your major? – I majored in Graphic Design whilst I was studying and so many of the skills I learned how transferred into other things I do so definitely would say it suited!
- What is your main platform? – Twitter is my bae.
- Favourite quote that helps you improve your blog? The quote above I discovered from a beautiful blogger named Maud and I love this quote because it promotes growth at your own pace.
- Are you interested in business? – Incredibly interested in business! I ran my own freelance business before doing Lifestyle blogging and my dream is to run my own business one day!
- Imagine that if you are in Silicon Valley, what do you want to choose between finding a stable job and founding start-up company? – Tricky one! Starting my own thing would be my dream but would have to make sure I could sustain that decision.
- What is the most delicious cuisine you tasted? – Would have to be Italian! I love pasta and tiramisu waaay too much!
- Coffee or tea or bubble tea? – I literally love all three! I don’t like the bobba in bubble tea though, how to have it without haha!
- How would you describe your experience with blogging so far? – Literally just uploaded a blog post talking about this but to summarise, absolutely amazing so far!
- What is your favourite season and why? – Spring / Summer for me now! I’ve definitely started preferring warmer weather to cold in the past few years and it always seems to be a positive time of year for me.
- Do you show your true self while blogging or do you tend to hold back? – I’m still fairly new so in all honesty, I probably am holding back in a few areas, I’m sure those walls will come down soon.
- When is the last time you faced your fears & what was it? – It is sadly a fear I’ve yet to conquer and it might sound super silly but it’s putting in contact lenses. I’ve struggled so much with them but I am determined to get those suckers in my eyes soon!
- Do you have a nervous habit? – I tend to ramble when I get nervous so, if I start rambling, you’ll know why!
- Are you a dreamer or go-getter? – A combination of the two, but definitely need more go-getting and less dreaming.
- Do you prefer to read the book or watch the movie? – It is VERY difficult to get me to sit down to watch movies these days and I definitely read more than I watch movies.
- What song means a lot to you? – Run by Snow Patrol is a song very near and dear to my heart because it’s my Mother’s favourite song and reminds me of her.
- What is your favourite and least favourite part about blogging? – Favourite part is connecting other bloggers! My least favourite part is the lack of time I have to invest in my blog, hoping that will change in the future.
- What is one goal that you have for your blog? – Getting to collaborate with some dream brands and bloggers.
- What country would you like to visit? – Japan is my number one dream country to visit!
- 3 of your favourite bloggers? – Estee Lalonde, Taylor R and Fashion Slave
- What one thing could you not live without? – Family and friends! Cliche as heck but my life would be bleak and miserable without them.
- What is the most memorable blog post you’ve written and why? – Only have a couple on the blog so far but probably this one here!
- What made you start blogging? – A lack of creative outlet and friends who share my interests, pleased to say it has fulfilled my craving for both!
- What is your dream destination? To live, potentially Australia or the States! Will need to visit both first to make sure.
- What would be the best advice you could give to a new blogger? – Don’t overthink it starting out and start connecting with other bloggers straight away, everyone will be more than happy to help you! I also have more tips in this post if you’re curious!
- What are a few of your favourite books? A New Earth – Eckhart Tolle is my favourite book ever!
- Do you have a favourite blog post of yours? – Hard to pick a favourite after not having many but I’d say this one because it shows how far I’ve come already
- Where has been your favourite holiday destination? – Haven’t actually had a proper holiday for years but I’m certain my most recent will top this!
- What would be a perfect day for you? – Visiting a beautiful location with my best friends and family having beautiful food.
- If you could give your past self one piece of advice, what would it be? – Start blogging sooner, guuuuurl!
- What is the main reason you became a blogger? As stated earlier, lack of creative outlet and like-minded friends!
- What are your main goals over the next 12 months in general? I have quite a few which are: Pass my driving test, buy my first car, manage to put contact lenses in, get promoted at my job, visit the USA and grow my blog.
- Is there anything in your life that you would like to change? – There are quite a few things in all honesty, driving and my living location would be hugely life-changing things for me.
- If you wrote a letter to your past self, what would you say? (Ooh great idea for a new blog post!) I would tell myself that I’m so proud of getting through what I’ve got through in the past and that I will absolutely get on the path I’m supposed to be on.
- Who are your main influences when you are writing? – A lot of my blogger friends hugely inspire me with my writing! I’m not sure if it comes from a particular source.
- What would you do with £1 million? – Moving would be the first thing I do (No idea where to haha) and investing in my family and close friends.
- Tell us something we don’t know about you. – I can speak a tiiiiny bit of Japanese and I know Hiragana and Katakana. (Self-taught cos I’m an actual nerd)
- What do you look for when you’re researching for a blog idea? – I’ll go look at my favourite blogs for inspiration and also browse Instagram / Pinterest! I get ideas a lot during my commutes and in bed though haha.
- Are there any bloggers out there right now, who inspire you? Oh god way too many to name! So many talented bloggers out there it’s unreal!
- Do you have a bucket list, if so what do you have on there? Have actually covered so many of them already through my other questions, visit Japan / USA, move out, grow my blog etc
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be? (I loved this question) – I would love to be able to teleport! That would make thing soooo much easier!
Phew! Hope you’re not too bored of reading about me! Okay so now I will tag my lovely 11 bloggers (Apologies if you’re already tagged!) and they are…
And my 11 questions are:
- Do you wish you started blogging sooner?
- Do you want to make your blog into a career or is it just a side hobby?
- Are you single or taken?
- If you could only eat sweet or savoury for the rest of your life which would you pick?
- What is your Myer Briggs type? (Take it here if you don’t know!)
- What’s your biggest goal for 2018?
- What is your job role and do you enjoy it?
- Did you enjoy school?
- What’s the last purchase you splurged on?
- Any exciting trips planned for this year?
- Favourite genre of music?
Hope you enjoyed this post, would love to hear your thoughts!